Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Holy Spirit: Sometimes a Girl's Best Friend

Titus 2:3-5: Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

  Well, I just had a  "Titus 2 moment".  As I am scrubbing off dried-on peanut butter from a couple of forks and knives I was truly convicted by the Spirit. You see, last night I politely, nonchallantly mentioned to my darling husband that though I really do appreciate his help when he loads the dishwasher, I would really love it if he could wipe the dishes and utensils off before placing them in the dishwasher.
      I took the utensils out of the dishwasher I had to start this morning, oh the indignation. I inspected them and to my dismay I found specks of crusty peanut butter. What to do, but use the sponge. As I swipe it off without any effort, I think, "How hard is that to do?" Yes, Deanna, how hard is it? CONVICTED!
     Case closed, my dear. Can you feel the stabbing pain of my heart here? Is David perfect? No. Am I? Certainly not. So what is the problem? My heart is in the wrong place. Jesus came to serve, as should I.  Matt. 20:28, "even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve." I am honored to be my husband's helper. Unfortunately, I let the petty, trivial nothings get in the way of sober thinking.  I am thankful that my children didn't witness that one, but God did.
     Thank you Lord for the Spirit to guide me right back onto the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment