Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Woman is Never Invisible

      I have a confession. Lately, I have felt completely, utterly invisible. I know I am not, yet that is what is being whispered into my ear. It isn't just one area of my life, just a general all-over sense. A mother can have polite kids, but not always feel things are appreciated. A wife can have an attentive husband and not feel loved. I wonder, can a daughter of the Almighty feel worthless?
      Every relationship has its lows. Sometimes, your husband may have his head wrapped up in his work. Or your child is going through a phase yet again. But, one thing that can never change is God's unfailing love. Psalm 26:3, "for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness." That is the one constant in the world we can count on. So, if I find myself having a low in my relationship with God I can only put the blame upon myself. I alone can turn my heart towards Him and seek Him out where I abide in His love.
      I understand God may not be actively working in my life where I can see it. He is working however, simply in a behind-the-scenes-kind-of way. There is certainly no reason I should feel He is pulling away, simply working for my good. Romans 8:28," And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
     I realize then that God cares deeply for me even when He is quiet. Just as I get some of my best ideas in the still of my head, maybe that is where God is working right now, in the still. Psalm 46:10 reminds us, "He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'" God is so good, mighty and sovereign. Yet, He loves us. Even after numerous failings and short-comings every day my Lord, our Lord is there loving.
     As a woman, as a human being, I know I am loved more than I can fathom whether I am feeling it or not. Love never fails. God never fails. So tomorrow when I arise to His new mercies I will meditate upon Colossians 3:23. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters..." When I don't think my kid meant that thank you in my own self-indulgent pity I can remember I served that cup of milk for the Lord God Almighty. If I question my husband's intonation I will recall that every effort to be the Titus 2 woman is for Him alone and will obediently hold my tongue.
     How could I feel worthless when God keeps loving me? I have a choice to make. I can listen to the father of lies or I can listen to my Heavenly Father who can tell no lies. He loves me. And He is crazy about you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment