Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Book Review: Your S.T.O.R.Y. Begins with God


    I recently read You Can be Everything God Wants You to Be by Max Lucado thanks to Booksneeze who gave me a free copy on behalf of Thomas Nelson Publishing.  This recent release is comprised of excerpts from Lucado's Cure for the Common Life. Lucado offers advice to find your God-given destiny.  Often we look everywhere else, but to our Source who designed us uniquely for a special purpose.  After affirming our uniqueness, Lucado then helps the reader look back at his or her life for certain clues that may hint or even scream his or her purpose. 
    I had previously read Cure for the Common Life. However, I enjoyed You Can be Everything God Wants You to Be with as much enthusiasm.  It's an easy-read that is rather thought provoking. As I read and pondered his questions something clicked inside of me and I realized what God has been leading me up to.  For as long as I can remember I have had a sense that God was preparing something for me.  Analyzing my strengths, topics, optimal conditions and relationships, pondering those and seeing a common thread I realized I am headed in the right direction.
    You Can be Everything God Wants You to Be is a wonderful little book for many, from the teenager to the oldest person you know.  Lucado doesn't agree with the old adage, "You can be anything you want to be, if you put your mind to it."  No, you can't. God didn't design us for any old assignment. He has something tailor-made for each one of us.  It's refreshing and inspiring to read that.  Many of us can attest to our attempts that haven't worked out for some reason we couldn't quite put our finger on.  We weren't made to do that.  It's never to late to find our God-given purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment