Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Poem: Jesus, My Prince

I searched long and hard all around,
Love was nowhere to be found.
I lost my soul, dignity gone,
I couldn't find where I belonged.
One day a Messenger came,
He told me I would never be the same.
Slowly, painfully I was led closer,
Wondering when the journey would be over.
Year after year I searched afar.
My wounds healed leaving scars.
I knew I'd find Him someday,
Love would I know always.
One desperate night as I cried out,
I heard a reply, "What's this about?"
I asked Him, "Are You my Prince?"
"From the beginning of time and ever since."
He comforted and calmed the storm.
Finally, my heart was complete and warm.
Jesus Christ, the sweetest name I have ever heard.
He promised to never leave me nor forsake me and
He'll always keep His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment