Sunday, January 2, 2011

Book Review: Hearing God's Voice

      I would like to thank BookSneeze for sending  me a free copy of Voices of the Faithful: Book 2 on behalf of Thomas Nelson Publishing. Kim P. Davis compiled this devotional to open our hearts and souls to see God at work around the world through the lives of missionaries. Each entry highlights a key verse, contains stories from missionaries and a short prayer.
      Voices of the Faithful was a wonderful read. Some entries brought tears to my eyes, particularly where God is obviously still working miracles. Due to these missionaries that answer God's call to spread the Good News, people's lives are being transformed into something beautiful that only God could orchestrate. Not only are people being changed, communities as well are coming under the authority of the King of Kings.
      As I read this book I was overwhelmed by the sacrifices these ordinary people are making for the extraordinary love of Christ each and every day. As I write this I am sitting comfortably in my warm home with a cup of hot tea by my side watching the first winter snow come down. I must admit I feel a bit guilty of my comforts.  Instead of pitying the missionaries for their lack of comforts, I am in awe of them and their love for Jesus Christ. Though I don't feel called myself to join their ranks, Voices of the Faithful taught me I can help by praying for God's work and sovereignty.
     Voices of the Faithful: Book 2 is an awe-inspiring devotional that can help us keep are focus on God's provisions and work throughout the year. I hope that anyone that chooses the devotional is blessed and in turn blesses others.

No comments:

Post a Comment