Sunday, January 2, 2011

Joyful Snow

     As I sit in front of the window and look upon the snow falling, I am in awe of God's splendor and majesty.  I have always enjoyed God's creation and handiwork.  My relationship has grown more intimate with Christ over the past few years. Yet, I find myself feeling as if I were a child in a candy shop. The snow is a delight to look upon.
     Today I realized something though. God certainly answers prayer in unexpected ways. I truly didn't expect snow to come. Yet as it falls, I find myself grinning from ear to ear. It seems like utter silliness to grin over snow. It's not just snow though, it's God. I knew that He answers prayer, but it is the surprising part that delights me.
     In Psalm 37:4 it states, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." I remember when I truly gave my life to Christ I kept praying that I would experience that delight and joy that was evident in other Christians. As I watch the snow fall I am observing God's glory before me.  It saddens me to think at the joy I was missing before. God isn't waiting to show us His glory, He is right now.
     On that note though, I can't wait to see God's glory in fullness someday. That will be something to enjoy for eternity. It's unfortunate that so many are lost and are missing out on what is right before them and will miss out on what is to come. May we pray for them to see God, even in the snow. His joy is the desire of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment