Thursday, September 16, 2010

God's Grace, A Mother's Strength

    Yesterday began as a trial of sorts, one that was looking to refine me. As women we are precious in the Lord's sight. It is when we experience those days as mothers and wives that shape us into the gems we are created to be.
    The evening before knowing what my "planned" day was suppose to look like I asked God for extra strength. Little did I know, when I woke up I was going to have to rely on Him more than I could imagine. As a side note, I despise going to doctor's appointments as is. I actually get nervous and physically discontent. When there are added pressures I dread them even more. That said, my daughter woke up sick when I was planning on going to a bible study and my own appointment.
    It seems my husband is working when I need him, but I feel that is God's way of helping me rely on Him. I told myself after I said a prayer that what needed to get done would somehow. It's in those moments that I also remind myself that motherhood is a season and it too shall pass. Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." The sobering truth of it too, is that motherhood though is for a season, hands me responsibility that has eternal consequences. The way I parent today and present myself to the world will shape my children forever. If they see me standing strong in my faith, I am planting those seeds into them in hopes that God will harvest something wonderful later.
     My in-laws picked up my boys and I took little Mary to urgent care. In only what could be declared as God's perfect timing, my daughter was seen by the doctor, x-rayed and diagnosed with pneumonia in little over an hour. I checked in for my appointment one minute before my scheduled time. At the end of it all, I drove to the church and picked up notes on what I missed. I was determined. It was only through God's strength and grace that I managed it without losing my cool.
     As God brings those trials into our lives, as Christian mothers, we must remember it is all for His glory. Romans 4:20 "Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God."  He is sanctifying us through those moments, so we may become more like Jesus Christ. When it seems unbearable and we lose our cool, we then will be reminded why we call on His name to begin with. It is only through Christ's blood that our imperfections are covered with His grace and love. I'm not a perfect mother and that is okay. May I raise my arms to the heavens and praise His mighty name. Jesus Christ is my Savior, my Love and my Strength.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment